Summer means salads! Fish can be used in a nice crisp, cool salad to add protein and those famously wonderful omega – 3s! A quick, simple and delicious no-fail fish recipe is the “Fisherman’s Quick Recipe” from Allrecipes online. You can use any firm white fish fillets for this recipe, such as scrod, walleye, or halibut. Try these some night when the weather is hot and you want something fast and easy as well as delicious.
“Fisherman’s Quick Recipe”
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 1 cup creamy Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, marinate the fish fillets in the salad dressing for a few minutes.
- Toss the shredded cheese and crushed chips together.
- Place the marinated fish fillets in the prepared baking dish and top with the cheese/chip mixture. Discard the leftover marinade.
- Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish can be flaked with a fork.