The weather is finally cooperating and we are more than excited to start grilling out regularly. If you are constantly looking for something fun and easy to pop on the grill after work this is just the recipe for you! Salmon grilled kabobs can be prepared ahead of time with the marinade and veggies and put on the grill once you are ready to eat. Team up the spicy crusted salmon with your favorite veggies like cukes, zucchini and summer squash! We love this recipe from My Recipes.
3 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (2 1/4-lb.) whole skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup finely chopped pickled okra
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
3 Kirby cucumbers
12 grape tomatoes
Garnish: chopped fresh dill
Substitute other veggies to your liking!
1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a bowl; transfer to a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add salmon, seal bag, and turn gently to coat. Chill 3 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, stir together yogurt and next 4 ingredients; cover and chill until ready to serve. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.)
3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Scrape outside of cucumbers lengthwise using tines of a fork, scoring skin all the way around; cut into half moons.
4. Remove salmon from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread salmon, cucumbers, and tomatoes alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces.
5. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with yogurt mixture.