Are you ready for spring to start? I know I am and now that the weather is ever-so-slowly getting warmer and the days are getting longer, you may be beginning to think about firing up that grill again – even if you have to dig it out of a pile of snow. Here at Channel Fish, we say “Go for it!” Now all you need are some delicious fish recipes to try out. Here is one recipe for grilled garlic halibut steaks. It makes my mouth water to think about this coming off the grill. Add you favorite sides and a veggie and you have a perfect “almost spring” meal.
Grilled Garlic Halibut
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces/170 g each)
- 1/2 cup / 120 mL olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons / 30 mL lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons / 30 mL fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons / 10 mL dry basil
- 2 teaspoons / 10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons / 10 mL black pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt and pepper and pour into in a resealable bag. Add halibut steaks, seal bag, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Remove halibut from bag and place on hot grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes per side. Fish is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite grilled vegetables.
Source: The Spruce Online – Check out all of their great fish recipes and more. Follow the link for more great grilling ideas for fish this spring.