Love tilapia and the sweet and spicy combo? Try this delicious dish next time you are looking for tang and sizzle. This versatile marinade works well with several types of dishes, especially flaky, white fish like tilapia. Round out the meal with a cool side of green beans tossed with cilantro and lime.
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Arrange fish in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Combine orange juice and the next 9 ingredients (through garlic); pour over fish. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Preheat broiler.
3. Sprinkle fish with paprika; broil 15 minutes or until desired flakiness. Drizzle sauce over fish.