Are you looking for an alternative to a traditional turkey dinner feast this Thanksgiving? Or at least, are you looking for some additional options for your health conscious family and friends who will be joining you around the table this November? We, therefore, searched some fantastic cooking websites and found a delicious recipe for a Thanksgiving Salmon Feast from VitalChoice. Not only do they offer this wonderful recipe, but also cooking videos on how to properly season your salmon and impress your guests this holiday season.
Thanksgiving Salmon Feast
Serves 4 to 6
1 (24 oz) Salmon fillet (or a 30 oz fillet), thawed
1/2 teaspoon organic coarse ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 lemon, cut into thin slices, seeds removed
1 teaspoon sea salt*
1?2 tablespoons dried parsley*
6 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 F
- Run thawed salmon under cold water, pat dry, set aside.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large ovenproof baking dish and add the salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add, in this order, the lemon juice, black pepper, salt, dried parsley and place the lemon slices on top of the fillet.
- Cover the dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, and check the fish for doneness. Remove the salmon when it is almost cooked through (still rare in the very center; the fillet can overcook quickly and will continue to cook internally after being removed). Remove the fish and let it sit, covered, for 3?5 minutes before checking it again.
Happy Holidays and visit the Channel Fish website for more ideas and products to make your holiday season a delicious one! Enjoy!